The Château of Madame de Graffigny is a beautiful 18th-century mansion in the heart of the old village of Villers. It was refurbished in 1865 and stands in a garden surrounded by a high wall.
The house is owned by the municipality of Villers, which uses it as a venue for receptions and exhibitions (the beautiful Nancy School fireplace inside is listed). The garden features two Lebanese cedar trees planted by Mathieu de Dombasle in the 19th century. Every year in early September, the grounds are the venue for the Fêtes des Vendanges festival.
The château is named after its most famous owner Françoise d’Happoncourt, a writer and the wife of Mr. De Graffigny, who corresponded extensively with Voltaire and Diderot.
- All year