Historic site and monument, Classical at Nancy
See photos (3)
Built in 1783 to the north of the city, at the end of Cours Léopold, this arch is named in memory of a lieutenant who died defending a garrison of soldiers against a mutiny. Its sculpted decoration recalls various wars, including the Battle of Nancy of 1477.
Today, it is France’s oldest war memorial and a testimony to the bravery shown by the people of Nancy, from the infantrymen of the First World War to the fallen soldiers of contemporary conflicts.
- Animals accepted
- All year