See photos (6)
Historic site and monument, Renaissance at Nancy
Warning: Unsecured hours
Built in the 16th century following the battle of Nancy, it used to be the residence of the dukes of Lorraine. Abandoned by duke Leopold who moved to Luneville ,in the 18th century, it became the Lorraine museum in 1848. It has a remakable gatehouse inspired by that at the french royal castle of Blois chateau. It combines gothic and italian Renaissance art.