Facilities for the disabled
Nancy Tourist Office is constantly striving to improve its services and, as part of this, aims to offer a high quality welcome for disabled visitors by providing various facilities and materials to facilitate their visit.
Sound beacons or audio-guidance: These boxes, placed in each of the Tourist Office entrances and reception area, broadcast a digital voice message in order to:
- Inform visually impaired people that they are close to the Tourist Office,
- Guide visually impaired people inside the Tourist Office and to the reception desk.
The user triggers the message himself using a match-box-sized radio remote control which he wears on him (in Nancy, some crossing lights and tram stops also have sound beacons).
The Tourist Office has two wheelchairs available for free loan to disabled or reduced mobility visitors (a deposit of 500 euros is required).
Disabled persons may use the Tourist Office toilets on simple request.
The Tourist Office also has a hearing induction loop for the hard of hearing
Documentation and adapted versions
- The ‘Tourisme & Handicap’ guide is extremely comprehensive and covers many of the area’s attractions (World Heritage sites, religious buildings, performance venues, museums, etc.), outlining accessibility details and the facilities available for people with all categories of disabilities. This guide also lists leisure and sports activities, as well as accommodation and information on transport and parking. This document is available for free consultation in our reception.
- The ‘Découvertes’ brochure in Braille: Guide to the history and heritage sites of Nancy, available for free consultation in our reception on request.
- Texts extracted from the ‘Découvertes’ brochure in font size 14: Guide to the history and heritage sites of Nancy, available for free consultation in our reception on request.
- Enlarged town map for the visually impaired: An enlarged, high contrast and simplified version of the town map is available in our reception.
- Magnifying glass and lamp for the visually impaired.